Automobile accidents can be traumatic, not just for the injured but for their family and friends as well. To help you deal with the mental, physical, and financial devastation, you can consult a Brooklyn car accident lawyer and an experienced New York personal injury attorney who can advise you on calculating compensation, such as for pain and suffering, and help you get back on the road to medical and financial recovery.
As anyone who drives or walks in New York City is aware, the streets of New York are congested, and traffic jams are an everyday occurrence. Busy roads lead to hundreds of speeding incidents every week, which result in car accidents and collisions across the city.
If you are dealing with the aftermath of a car accident, you may be asking yourself: “What is next?” What does no-fault insurance in New York mean and how can it help pay my medical bills? When will I be able to get back to work? Who will watch after my children if I need treatment? However, no matter if your vehicle collision was large or small, if you are suffering a minor setback or potentially dealing with long-term consequences, it is always best to speak with a personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
If you’ve been in a car accident, it’s crucial to seek the assistance of an experienced Brooklyn car accident attorney. Kucher Law Group provides expert legal advice and representation. We can assist you in filing a compensation claim after your car accident. Please call us at (929) 563-6780 or complete our online form to schedule your free consultation.
Types Of Car Accidents That Require Legal Attention
Vehicle crashes can result in severe injuries to passengers and drivers. Bikers, motorcyclists, and pedestrians are also in danger of terrible trauma. It may be a good idea to find legal help ASAP if you’ve recently experienced the following:
- Head-on Collisions. The force of two cars moving towards each other leaves a terrible impact. Colliding head-on can result in a wide range of injuries like neck injuries, head trauma, spinal cord injury, fractures, internal injuries, torn ligaments, etc.
- Rear-end Collisions. Many people don’t think a fender-bender is a big deal. However, these accidents usually result in various catastrophic injuries as they occur at high speeds. Such mishaps can result in severe injuries to the vehicle’s occupants and drivers.
- T-Bone Collisions (Side-Impact). Broadside collisions can result in serious injuries because of the proximity of passengers and drivers. These accidents can cause severe damage to an individual’s internal organs, shoulders, spinal cord, etc.
- Rollover Accidents. Rollover accidents often crush the vehicle’s roof or cause it to collapse on the passengers or driver, leading to brain injury and severe head trauma. Chances are, you can damage your spine, leading to permanent paralysis, i.e., paraplegia or quadriplegia.
|Types of Car Accidents||Injuries and Implications|
|Head-on Collisions||Result in various injuries including neck injuries, head trauma, spinal cord injury, fractures, internal injuries, torn ligaments, etc.|
|Rear-end Collisions||Often result in catastrophic injuries due to high speeds, causing severe harm to vehicle occupants and drivers.|
|T-Bone Collisions (Side-Impact)||Lead to serious injuries due to close proximity of passengers and drivers. Can result in severe damage to internal organs, shoulders, spinal cord, etc.|
|Rollover Accidents||Often cause the vehicle’s roof to collapse on occupants, leading to brain injury, severe head trauma, and potential spine damage resulting in permanent paralysis like paraplegia or quadriplegia.|
Essentially, there are two different categories when it comes to car accident injuries: Penetration Injuries and Impact Injuries.
- Impact Injuries. These are typically caused when a body part hits a surface inside your vehicle, like a dashboard, steering wheel, headrest, or windshield. Impact injuries include crushed and broken bones, internal bleeding, and injured internal organs. Head trauma and whiplash can also be categorized as impact injuries. These result in brain damage, spinal cord damage, concussion, etc. While airbags and seat belts can prevent several impact injuries, preventing them all is inevitable. Airbags work well during rear-end and head-on collisions. However, with side-impact crashes, such as T-bones, airbags aren’t that helpful.
- Penetration Injuries. These include lacerations, punctures, and cuts caused by sheared metal or broken glass from a car’s frame. Harmless things such as cell phones, pens, coffee mugs, aluminum cans, and glass bottles can cause considerable puncture injuries in the destruction and chaos of a crash.
Should I Get a Lawyer for a Minor Car Accident?
Whether it’s necessary to enlist the services of an attorney following a minor car accident relies on the particulars of the specific incident you were engaged in. Engaging with an attorney offers numerous advantages and can proactively mitigate potential complexities down the line, such as the following:
- Hidden Injuries: Even if you believe you emerged from your accident unharmed, there’s a possibility of sustaining concealed injuries. The body’s natural response to high-stress situations like car accidents involves releasing adrenaline, which could temporarily conceal pain or discomfort arising from injuries. Consequently, you might remain unaware of any injuries until the adrenaline’s effects wane.
- Unforeseen Legal Challenges: Encountering unexpected challenges is not uncommon, even in minor car accident cases. For instance, the other party involved might initially appear uninjured at the accident scene, only to later seek compensation for injuries, catching you off guard. Instances like these are frequent enough to complicate the process of navigating claims.
If you find yourself in a minor car accident, you might wonder about the need for legal representation. At Kucher Law Group, our Brooklyn car accident lawyers can help you navigate the intricacies of such incidents, guaranteeing the safeguarding of your rights and the pursuit of rightful compensation. Whether it’s interacting with insurance firms or evaluating the complete scope of the damages, we are here to lead you through every step of the procedure. Schedule a consultation with us to secure a favorable outcome for your situation.
No-fault Insurance in New York State
New York State implements a “no-fault” insurance policy, meaning that if you get into an accident, you need to seek compensation from your insurance provider, regardless of who caused the accident. Insurance companies usually try to compensate accident victims with the minimum possible amount.
In the event that you have sustained physical injury or a disability that meets the definition of “serious injury” as established by the State of New York, you might be able to pursue further compensation from the accountable driver. The State of New York has established a “threshold” that determines whether the degree of injury qualifies for additional compensation above what your insurance company provides under the state’s “pure comparative negligence” statute. A New York car accident lawyer can help you navigate this threshold and determine if you qualify for additional compensation. It is important to seek the help of a qualified New York car accident lawyer who may be able to help you determine the compensation you deserve.
Get Legal Help With Kucher Law Group
Car accidents can significantly impact your health as well as your finances. Medical bills, severe injuries, lost earning capacity, and lost wages add to the victims’ woes.
Moreover, emotional trauma can leave you scarred and in need of long-term care. Fortunately, New York laws offer legal recourse, pursuing actions to get you compensation for the pain and loss.
The aftermath of an accident’s injury can have a devastating effect. This is why it is vital to rely on a dependable attorney to spearhead your recovery process. At Kucher Law Group we conduct an in-depth investigation to determine the cause of the accident, establish responsible parties and work hard to secure the compensation you deserve.
Need more information? Contact us today!